Here comes my Spicy Snail Vegetable soup with oat swallow. I actually swallowed this alone, can you imagine that?Lol. I had to make the swallow look like a pie, to catch the eyes. Believe me, this did not take up to 30 minutes to prepare. Ask me how I did this already. Yepeeeeeeee! Alright, let’s take it down bit by bit. Check down:
- Water leaf
- Palm oil
- Yellow Pepper (Nsukka pepper/Ose Nsukka)
- Stock cube
- Salt to taste
- Two big snails
- Tomatoe puree (prepared with pepper, onions and salt)
- Oat Swallow powder
Procedure for all
- Shred a handful of water leaves and put in the pot. See procedure HERE
- Shred the ugu leavles and add place above the water leaves.
- Pound the pepper and crayfish and add on top of the leaves
- Add one stock cube and salt to taste.
- Pour the red oil round the pot, enough to colour the soup cover the base of the pot
- Add a little thinly diced onions
- Place on burner and cook for five minutes and stir until vegetables are soft.
- Fry the cooked snails and add in tomatoe puree and stir.
- Add oat meal power in boiling water and stir until thickened. Add a little water and cook for 5 minutes and it’s ready.
- Scoop the swallow in waterproof and flatten with hand in a square shape.
- Bring out from waterproof and roll up.
- Use the tip of a fork to press on the edges.
I hope this helps. Please, if you have any question or contribution, do not hesitate to drop your comments. Thanks.