First boil your rice and set aside. I used Cap rice. It’s not our Nigerian local rice. I love using cap rice or any other foreign rice for my chicken sauce recipe becauae they hardly stick together after cooking
Meanwhile, Happy Harvest Sunday from our end. My special spice by Tonia Ugochukwu Bishop has landed, and I used it to prepare chicken sauce and the taste was heavenly. Won’t you love to share in this experience? Oya o, we are ready to take your orders. We cook for events o. Fried rice, white rice and sauce, jollof rice, peppersoup, etc.
Helen’s Food #ChickenSauce
Ingredients for sauce
You can use assorted veggies and spices for your sauce, but for a simple and yet tasty sauce, all you need are the basic ingredients like these👇👇👇👇👇
2. Green beans
3. Green pepper
4. Red pepper
6. Spices (Thyme, garlic, Knorr cubes, salt, ginger, special natural spice mix as mentioned above).
7. Groundnut oil/cooking oil
8. Corn starch
1. Marinate the chicken with spices (curry, thyme, garlic, onions and seasoning like knorr cubes ) and keep in the fidge for at least one hour so the ingredients can penetrate the chicken.
2. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat without adding water. Then add water and add a little salt and until soft.
3. Heat up cooking oil, add largely diced onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add green beans and stir in the oil for 3 minutes.
5. Add carrots, cabbage, green andcres oepper and a little salt. Note that the veggies should be diced according to taste. In any case, the size should not be too little or too big.
6. Sieve the chicken broth and add into the pot or saucepan of sauted veggies.
7. Mix a little corn starch with water to form a paste. Add same into the pot and stir. It will thicken after a few seconds.
8. At this point, you may wish to add more spices and seasoning if need be. You may fry your chicken or add into your sauce at this point and then turn off the burner after about 5 minutes of cooking everything together. Be careful not to overcook your veggies so your sauce doesn’t appear old.